IMPORTANT UPDATE ON COVID-19 (CORONAVIRUS)
Stay up to date via my Facebook page: facebook.com/BradRowswell or visit BradRowswell.com.au/COVID19 to register for regular updates.
Announcement made: 3pm, 20 June 2020
Based on advice from the Chief Health Officer, the Victorian Government has confirmed a number of changes will be made to the proposed easing of restrictions from 11:59pm on Sunday 21 June 2020.
In line with the most up-to-date advice, the following changes will take place:
- Public gatherings will be limited to 10 people.
- The number of visitors to a home will reduce to 5 visitors.
- Private worship or small religious ceremonies will be limited to 20 people plus those reasonably required for the ceremony.
- Auction houses, real estate auctions, open house inspections and community facilities remain limited at 20 people plus those reasonably required to facilitate the auction/inspection/facility.
- Remember to always maintain physical distancing of at least 1.5 metres from those you don’t live with.
Restaurants, cafes and pubs
- Patron limits in restaurants, cafes and pubs will remain, with up to 20 seated patrons per space (indoor or outdoor). A maximum group size of 10 people applies.
- Bars and clubs can have up to 20 seated patrons per space. A maximum group size of 10 people applies.
- Seated service of alcohol without food will be allowed.
- Retail TABs will be able to reopen in line with rules on retail businesses while TAB facilities inside licensed premises will need to observe density and patron limits that apply to those venues.
Culture and entertainment
- Patron limits in galleries, museums, national institutions, historic sites, outdoor amusement parks, zoos and outdoor arcades will remain, with up to 20 patrons per indoor space.
- Indoor cinemas, movie theatres, concert venues, theatres and auditoriums can open with up to 20 seated patrons per space.
Sports and recreation
- Indoor sports centres and venues can open, with up to 20 people per space, with a limit of up to 10 people per group/activity at any one time for those aged over 18 years old.
- Full-contact training and competition (indoors and outdoors) for people 18 years old and under.
- Non-contact competition (indoors and outdoors) for people over 18 years old.
- Changing rooms and showers can open for sporting and recreational facilities, including swimming pools.
- The limit on 3 per lane in swimming pools will no longer apply.
- Ski season will open.
- Shared facilities at camping and tourist accommodation can open, with increasing screening and safeguards in place. Indoor play centres and toy libraries will be able to open with 20 people per space.